Documentation for Axxon Next 4.5.0. Documentation for other versions of Axxon Next is available too.
To configure License plate recognition (RR), do as follows:
Download Addon RR LPR from the website and install it.
To make the detection tool work under Windows Server 2012 R2, make sure to install the Media Foundation component.
- Create the detection object you need and select it (1).
If you require using this detection tool for real-time number plate recognition (see Configuring real-time vehicle license plate recognition), set the corresponding parameter to Yes (2).
- If you need to enable recording of metadata, select Yes from the Record Objects tracking list (3).
- If a camera supports multistreaming, select the stream for which detection is needed. Selecting a low-quality video stream allows reducing the load on the Server (4).
- Select your target country from the list (5).
- Select a processing resource for decoding video streams (6). When you select a GPU, a stand-alone graphics card takes priority (when decoding with NVidia NVDEC chips). If there's no appropriate GPU, the decoding will use the Intel Quick Sync Video technology. Otherwise, CPU resources will be used for decoding.
- Set minimum quality of ANPR (7). The higher the minimum recognition quality, the less false detections will occur.
Select the processor for the detection tool: the CPU or one of NVidia GPUs (8).
It may take up to one minute to launch the algorithm on an NVIDIA GPU.
- Specify the time interval between the initial recognition and event registration in the Force report timeout field (10). Zero value sets the event registration to the moment when the track disappears from FOV.
Skip this step with License plate recognition - Search in archive (RR).
Analyzed framed are scaled down to a specified resolution (10, 1920 pixels on the longer side). This is how it works:
If the longer side of the source image exceeds the value specified in the Frame size change field, it is divided by two.
If the resulting resolution falls below the specified value, it is used further.
If the resulting resolution still exceeds the specified limit, it is divided by two, etc.
For example, the source image resolution is 2048 * 1536, and the limit is set to 1000.
In this case, the source resolution will be divided two times (down to 512 * 384): after the first division, the number of pixels on the longer side exceeds the limit (1024 > 1000).
Specify the maximum number of recognition threads (11). If the value is 0,the recognition process will occur in the same thread that starts it.
The cumulative value of this parameters across all LPR detection tools must not exceed the number of CPU cores and is limited to 100.
You can configure an ANPR zone in FoV. The zone is resized by moving the anchor points.
For your convenience, you can click thebutton and configure the mask on a still frame / snapshot. To undo, click this button again.
Detection zone is displayed by default. You can click thebutton to hide the zone. To undo, click this button again.
- Click the Apply button.
Configuration of License plate recognition (RR) is now complete.