Intellect supports connecting devices via the Chinese standard GB/T28181. As of when this document was written, Intellect supports H.264 video and telemetry. For the most up-to-date information on this standard and the features supported in Intellect, see the Documentation Drivers Pack.
Configuration of IP devices connected via GB/T28181 is performed through the web interface of the devices. Settings are not sent from Intellect to the device.
Before connecting a camera via this protocol to Intellect, perform the following steps to configure the device:
- Set the Server IP to equal the Server's IP address.
- Set the Server port to 5060.
- Set the Device ID. The ID should be set on all cameras connected via the GB/T28181 protocol and must be unique.
- For the device to perform autodiscovery of the Server more quickly, reduce the default value of RefreshRegTime.
The name of this setting may vary on some cameras.
For telemetry to work correctly, set RefreshRegTime to more than 600.
For a camera to work correctly via GB/T28181, it must be on the same LAN as the Server.
Intellect does not support auto-discovery of devices connected via GB/T28181 and these devices are not added using the Camera discovery tool.
After configuring the device as described earlier, add it to Intellect as follows:
- Go to the Hardware tab of the System settings dialog box (1).
- Create a Video Capture Device object under the Computer object (2). The settings panel of the object appears on the right of the System settings dialog box.
- Select the GBT28181(H.264) value in the Type dropdown list (3).
- In the IP field specify the value of Device ID parameter set during IP device configuration (4).
- Enter 5060 in the Port field (5).
- Enter the user name and password to connect a device (6).
- Click the Apply button (7).
- Create a Camera object under the Video Capture Device object. The settings panel of the object appears on the right of the System settings dialog box.
- Click the Apply button.
Further functioning of the device is performed using the created Camera object – see Configuring video subsystem section of Administrator's Guide.
A camera via GB/T28181 protocol is now added.