Documentation for Intellect 4.10.4. Documentation for other versions of Intellect is available too.
It is possible to enable the PureVideo/CUDA hardware acceleration when video signals are decompressed from IP devices. In this case decompression may be carried out by Server’s graphics processor and this reduces the load on CPU.
The PureVideo/CUDA hardware acceleration functionality is implemented correctly when Server meets the following requirements of the software platform:
- Is managed by OS Windows XP/Vista/7
- The PureVideo HD video card of the second or third generation is installed (NVIDIA VP2 and VP3)
Widespread models of video cards that support the PureVideo/CUDA:
1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295;
2 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285;
3 NVIDIA Quadro NVS 450;
4 NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT;
5 NVIDIA Quadro NVS 420;
6 NVIDIA Quadro NVS 295.
To enable the PureVideo/CUDA hardware acceleration, do the following:
- Shutdown the Intellect software package if it was run on the computer.
- Run the Tweaki.exe utility (See the Starting and shutting-down the Tweaki.exe utility section).
- Select the Video subsystem section in the tree in the upper left corner of the utility’s dialog box (see The Settings panel of the Video subsystem section).
- Set the Enable PureVideo/CUDA hardware acceleration checkbox (7).
- Click the OK button.
- Go to the settings panel for the Camera object.
- In the Decompressor drop-down list select the H264CudaVP2Decoder value (1).
- Click the Apply button (2).
The PureVideo/CUDA hardware acceleration is now enabled.