Documentation for POS Intellect 5.4. Documentation for other versions of Intellect is available too.
POS-Intellect includes the following software modules:
- the basic version of the Intellect software package – Intellect (base);
- POS-operations module.
The POS-operations module has the following functionality:
- simultaneous viewing of the video image, the receipt contents and the POS-terminal events in real time;
- simultaneous recording of the video image, the receipt contents and the POS-terminal events;
- creating user queries allowing to search the video archive by receipt contents and by system events;
- the module provides user interfaces for the following functional modules:
- Monitor module (video and titles display), represented by the Monitor window;
- Search by captions module (searching the video database by captions), represented by the Search by captions window;
- Receipt viewer module (searching the receipts by event), represented by the Receipt viewer window.
The following databases are used in POS-Intellect:
- internal database of the server – contains the system settings and the data on registered events;
- captioner – contains the data from POS-terminals;
- receipts database – contains the data from POS-terminals.
By default, the received local timestamp is recorded to the corresponding POS-Intellect database without any changes. To convert it to UTC, set the value "1" for the UseLocalTimestamp parameter (see Registry keys reference guide for details. For information about system registry, refer to Working with Windows OS registry).
Database has MS SQL format. A list of MS SQL Server versions, supported in the POS-Intellect software is identical to the list of supported versions by the Intellect software .
The POS-operations module uses the Captioner module, which is installed with the Intellect (base) by default. Using the POS-terminal module, the Captioner module forms the receipts database; overlays the video image received from the surveillance camera with the receipt contents; adds the captioning results to the captioner, and displays the resulting video image via the Monitor interface object.
The Search by captions module allows searching the captioners, and the Receipt viewer module allows searching the receipts database. The captions and receipts databases are stored in the folder specified during the MS SQL Server setup, see the information at http://www.microsoft.com.
The video archive is stored in the folder specified during the Intellect (base) software setup; see the Intellect Software Package: The Administrator's Guide document.
The POS-Intellect software functionality is specified in the intellect.sec key file of the Intellect (base) software platform; see the Intellect Software Package: The Administrator’s Guide document.
The POS-operations module structure is shown in the figure below: