Documentation for Axxon Next 4.5.0 - 4.5.2. Documentation for other versions of Axxon Next is available too.
What’s New in Axxon Next 4.5.0
- Added the hardware video decoding on NVIDIA devices. Video can be decoded both at operator workstations and on Servers for further processing by video analytics
- Implemented the system self-diagnostics service, which collects the data on all system components performance and automatically keeps it operational
- Supported the Licensing Server, which allows using a single license file for one or several Axxon Domains by randomly distributing licensed objects between the Servers — cameras, detection tools, etc. This feature requires the Axxon Domain servers to be connected to a remote AxxonSoft licensing server via the Internet.
- Significantly redesigned and improved the Web client
New Server features:
- You can now use macros to set FPS values for recording
- You can now monitor which objects are consuming the license in your system
- You can now export all videos of an event into a single file
- The CORS mechanism can now be used in the Web server
If you upgrade your system from a previous version, the old port number is preserved. You can change it manually (see Configuring the Server ports).
Under NAT conditions, it is necessary to open this port on the router. See the complete list of ports on the Ports used by the Axxon Next Software Package page.
New GUI features:
- Objects panel can now be opened on additional monitors
- Added a new "dynamic" special layout
- Improved the layout editing mode
- Closed captions option is now available
- Added the buttons on the advanced navigation panel timeline for moving 30-300 seconds backward/forward through the video
- When you play the archive of one camera, you can now speed up/slow down the video playback up to 128 times
- Added a button to stop the archive search
- While sharing a layout, you can now specify a time zone when the layout is available
- You can now allow users to edit shared layouts
- On the alarm panel, you can now see which macro triggered the alarm
- On the object panel, the video cameras with lost connection are now highlighted in red
- The device geodata can now be set when it is added to the configuration using a CSV file
- Using a CSV file, it is now possible to select the archive and its recording mode for the cameras being added to the configuration
- You can now sort cameras on Object Panel by short name
- A privacy mask can now be set to a "black matte" or "pixelated" type
- You can now mark cameras to include them in a special layout on Objects Panel
- A recognized face can now be exported directly from a captured frame
- The frames and videos can now be exported for the specified users only after the administrator’s confirmation
- Added the ability to export the autologon settings and preferred Servers settings to a JSON file. This file can be imported when configuring other Clients.
New failover features:
- Added the ability to select the method of updating the cluster Servers in the supervisor: simultaneously or in turn
- When you set up a failover system, you can now add users before you create a new cluster
IP device support
The release includes Drivers Pack 3.69 for IP devices support (see Release Notes Drivers Pack 3.69).
The release includes the Axxon Next DetectorPack 3.6.0 drivers package (see DetectorPack 3.6.0 Release Notes). Axxon Next 4.5.0 distribution package includes only the basic detection tools, additional detection tool packages are installed separately (see Installing DetectorPack add-ons).
Downloads and licensing
The Axxon Next installer includes both the client and server components. The client can be installed on a computer together with the server, or installed on a separate dedicated client workstation. There is no limit on the total number of servers and clients in a system.
5 Axxon Next license types are available: demo mode with limited operating hours, free version and 3 types of paid licenses (Start, Professional and Universe). Data on all the types of Axxon Next licenses is given on the page.
Free version supports 1 server, 4 video streams, unlimited archive as well as unlimited number of clients.
Updating from previous versions
Please upgrade to 4.5.0 version from 4.4.6 version (see Release Notes Axxon Next 4.4.6). To do this, run the installer of the new version and select the existing configuration during the installation. Deinstallation of the previous version is not required.
If you have an earlier version installed, please perform a step-by-step upgrade: 3.6.4. → 4.1.0 → 4.3.2 → 4.4.6 → 4.5.0.
In Axxon Next 4.5.0, the system log database format is changed and its size is increased. When you update from a previous version, the existing database will be converted.
Before the update starts, the free space on the disk where the database is located will be checked. If the free disk space is less than four times the size of the current database, a window will be displayed with a warning that some of the events may be lost.
Immediately after the update, you need to adjust the database storage settings (see Configuring storage of the system log and metadata) and/or increase the free disk space.
After you update to version 4.5.0, it is necessary to reconfigure all filters for the Events boards (see Configuring Events Boards).