Documentation for Axxon Next 4.2.2. Documentation for other versions of Axxon Next is available too.
You can mask any objects from Video Footage viewing by any particular user.
The objects will be masked:
- during Video Footage viewing,
- during Video Footage search,
- on exported videos.
To do this, set No for the Show Recorded Videos Unmasked option in Role Settings (see Creating and configuring roles). The objects will be masked for all users belonging to this role.
To mask an object from Video Footage viewing, do the following:
- Proceed to Archive Mode and find the object to be masked (see Switching to Archive Mode).
- Locate the frame where the object first appears in the camera's FoV (see Navigating in the Archive).
- Click the button.
- Select a shape for the mask: oval or rectangular.
Apply the mask over the object.
The procedure of setting up a mask is similar to adding a comment (see Adding a comment)
- Locate the last frame before the object disappears from the camera's FoV and place the mask over it. To save mask position, click the Add point button.
- The system automatically interpolates the mask position on intermediate frames, assuming the object's motion is uniform and rectilinear.
Check the video. If necessary, you can specify additional mask positions on intermediate frames for better masking. The system automatically re-interpolates mask positions within the video sequence.
To remove a mask position, click thebutton.
After setting all necessary mask positions, enter your text notes and click Save.
After the mask is saved, you can not delete it. Only the users having roles where View masked video in archive parameter is set to Yes may bypass the masking (see Creating and configuring roles).
The object is now hidden. When viewing the Video Footage, users without appropriate access rights will see the object masked.