Documentation for Axxon Next 4.2.2. Documentation for other versions of Axxon Next is available too.
AxxonSoft releases updated version of Axxon Next 4.2.2. A number of improvements were made to increase the stability of the system.
IP device support
The release includes Drivers Pack 3.53 for IP devices support. Detailed information about the Drivers Pack, where to find the latest set of drivers, and the list of supported hardware is available at http://www.axxonsoft.com/integrated_security_solutions/supported_ip.php
Downloads and licensing
The Axxon Next installer includes both the client and server components. The client can be installed on a computer together with the server, or installed on a separate dedicated client workstation. There is no limit on the total number of servers and clients in a system.
5 Axxon Next license types are available: demo mode with limited operating hours, free version and 3 types of paid licenses (Start, Professional and Universe). Data on all the types of Axxon Next licenses is given on the page.
Free version supports 1 server, 4 video streams, unlimited archive as well as unlimited number of clients.
Learn more about Axxon Next on the product page at http://www.axxonsoft.com/products/axxon_next/
Updating from previous versions
It is recommended to upgrade from earlier versions through steps: 3.6.4 -> 4.0.2 -> 4.1 -> 4.2.1 -> 4.2.2. To do this, run the installer of the new version and select the existing configuration during the installation. Deinstallation of the previous version is not required.
Pay attention to these features when updating from version 3.6 to 4.2.2:
- Auto rules, as well as the E-mail and SMS objects are not migrated to a new version.
- System log events are not migrated.
- Detection zones are to be configured for detection tools. In some cases some detection tools are not migrated to a new version.
- The key frame scaling is set in the archive settings for cameras streaming H.264.
- Select the video folder once again for virtual cameras.
- If necessary, re-create the layouts to make them availabile in the web client.