Documentation for Axxon Next 4.2.2. Documentation for other versions of Axxon Next is available too.
AxxonSoft releases updated version of Axxon Next 4.2.0 bringing a number of new features and improvements.
What’s New in Axxon Next 4.2.0
- Added new user security policy settings Now you can:
- set the password length;
- store the password history;
- set the password expiration date;
- set the password complexity level;
- prevent multiple logins of the same user account;
- set maximum failed logon attempts;
- set the account lock duration in case of a failed password entry.
- A privacy mask can be now added when viewing live video
- Faces can now be masked on video
- Any objects can now be hidden in archive recording
- Neural network filter has been implemented for object tracking, smoke and fire detection tools
- The archive from different sources is now automatically joined when playing back
- Web-client has been improved :
- Face detection tool can now be used for gender and age recognition
- It is now possible to perform simultaneous search by all cameras in Axxon domain
- Lots of objects in area detection tool has been added to situation analysis detection tools group
- In TimeSlice, it is now possible to specify the length of fragments for which you want to split the selected time interval
- Preset search intervals are added
- Date and time of the video fragment found in the archive can now be copied to the clipboard
- Using macros, it is now possible to configure the auto recording to the archive for all cameras in the system when detection tool is triggered
- Camera arming and disarming are added to the start and stop macro execution conditions
- Inputs can be enabled and disabled by macro
- Users for whom the voice notification will be executed can now be selected in macros
- Software-based audio amplification from IP devices is implemented
- GreenStream logic has been changed: in the Auto mode, the switch to high quality video stream is performed when selecting a viewing tile, in other cases - when the viewing tile is zoomed in
- The user's IP address is now added to each event from the user. The MAC address of the computer is stored to the system event log when entering the Server
- The user who started the export is specified in the export start event
- Quick export of the video frame is performed by right-clicking the export button
- When creating an IP device, a stream with higher resolution is selected as a high quality video stream
- Motion detection metadata can now be created
- Metadata recording is enabled by default
- Now there is the notification in case of archive malfunction when the Client is started.
- Layout groups and subgroups can now be created
- It is now possible to analyze video in raw format using Offline Analytics tool
- In the export window, the latest folder for the exported files before the Client is restarted is now remembered
- In macros it is now possible to stop audio notifications in specified time intervals when getting the required event(s)
- False face detections can now be filtered out
- Date and time formats are now set according to system settings
- Unified parameters of connection (user name, password) can now be set for a group of cameras when adding to configuration
- Message templates for Email and SMS notifications in Macros are added
- Camera name can now be copied from a layout
- A frame with a vehicle license plate can now be tracked
- Added support for MP2 audio codec
IP device support
The release includes Drivers Pack 3.53 for IP devices support. Detailed information about the Drivers Pack, where to find the latest set of drivers, and the list of supported hardware is available at http://www.axxonsoft.com/integrated_security_solutions/supported_ip.php
Downloads and licensing
The Axxon Next installer includes both the client and server components. The client can be installed on a computer together with the server, or installed on a separate dedicated client workstation. There is no limit on the total number of servers and clients in a system.
5 Axxon Next license types are available: demo mode with limited operating hours, free version and 3 types of paid licenses (Start, Professional and Universe). Data on all the types of Axxon Next licenses is given on the page.
Free version supports 1 server, 4 video streams, unlimited archive as well as unlimited number of clients.
Learn more about Axxon Next on the product page at http://www.axxonsoft.com/products/axxon_next/
Updating from previous versions
To update from version 3.6 one should start the installation wizard and install the product (selecting the configuration). Deinstallation of the previous version is not required.
Pay attention to these features when updating from version 3.6 to 4.2:
- Auto rules, as well as the E-mail and SMS objects are not migrated to a new version.
- System log events are not migrated.
- Detection zones are to be configured for detection tools. In some cases some detection tools are not migrated to a new version.
- The key frame scaling is set in the archive settings for cameras streaming H.264.
- Select the video folder once again for virtual cameras.