Documentation for Axxon Next 4.2.2. Documentation for other versions of Axxon Next is available too.
To create a new map , complete the following steps:
Do one of the following four actions:
- In the lower-left part of the screen, click the Opening and closing the map). button (after displaying the map, see
- Click the
- In the map context menu (right-click the empty background), select Add new map
Select a video camera from the list on the video camera panel by clicking it and, while holding down the mouse button, move the cursor to the empty map background and then release the mouse button.
Actions c and d are available if no maps have been created in the system
Enter the map's name (1).
Select what will be used as a map: an image or geodata from OpenStreetMap (2).
Creation of a map based on OpenStreetMap geodata provider is limited by default. To create OpenStreetMap maps, you should:
1. Purchase an OpenStreetMap license.
2. Quit Client (see Shutting down an Axxon Next Client).
3. Open a configuration file, AxxonNext.exe.config , in a word processor. The file is located in the <Installation Directory of Axxon Next> \ bin.
4. Find the OpenStreetMap parameters group.
5. Set the true for the Enabled parameter.
6. For the ApiKey parameter, enter the received key.
7. Save the changes to the file.
8. Run the Client (see Starting an Axxon Next Client).
The maximum image size is 4 million pixels (the number of pixels at 2000x2000 resolution). If a larger image is selected, no map is created
In the corresponding field (3), select the image that will be used as the graphical blueprint of the site (if the Raster image map type is selected) or find the site in OpenStreetMap by address, postal code, or geographical coordinates (enter the information in the Address field; detailed information about search is given on the provider's website). Scale can be adjusted by the scaler control or mouse wheel. You can navigate around the map using standard methods.
If the Raster image map type is selected, it is not necessary to select an image. In this case, a map with a white background is created.
Select users to access the Map (4):
- all users,
- current user only (Not shared position)
- selected roles only (5).
- Click Apply.
You have created a new map.