First of all, you have to install the hardware and software components of the Axxon Next software package.
Refer to the document titled Recommended Platforms for obtaining detailed information on recommended Axxon Next hardware and software platform
When working with Axxon Next, the user must keep in mind the limitations that the developer imposed on the system in order to ensure its operability. The most important limitations are as follows:
- Use only Latin characters, Arabic numerals and the minus sign ( - ) to name your computer with Axxon Next will be installed.
- Never change the computer name after you have installed the system.
- Synchronize the time among all the networked computers with Axxon Next installed.
- Enable remote access to the computer with Axxon Next installed using NetBiosName.
- TCP ports, dynamically specified by OS, are used while connecting the server-client.
To proceed with installation you must have Windows OS administrator rights.
The following two types of installations are available when installing Axxon Next to a personal computer:
- Server and Client— This type of installation is used to accomplish the following tasks:
- Physical connection to a personal computer and software configuration of video and audio capture devices (video cameras, microphones), event generation devices (sensors, relays, etc.), and hard disks for organizing data archives.
- All tasks accomplished with the Client type of installation (see below).
- Client – This type of installation is used for installing the software's user interfaces, which enable any user to connect to any server within a single security system and to perform administration/management/monitoring of a guarded location based on the permissions granted by the administrator.
To install the Axxon Next software package, perform the following steps:
- Power up the PC and load the operating system.
- Insert the Axxon Next installation CD into the CD-ROM drive.
Compressed distributive of Axxon Next software package without .NET Framework 2.0 and . NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is available on AxxonSoft website. You have to install this software on your own before the Axxon Next installation.
- Start the Axxon Next software installation.
- Install the required configuration of Axxon Next (Server and Client/ Client) with specified Axxon-domain and path of Axxon Next and database, by following setup prompts.
Installation of Axxon Next is now finished.