Documentation for Axxonsoft Platform Calculator. Documentation for other products available here.
Archive is calculated in one of two ways:
- By time. Time period for which the video archive is stored is set and the calculation result is the disk space used for storing the archive.
- By size. Disk space is set and the calculation result is the time period for which the video archive is stored.
Calculation by time
To calculate the disk space needed for storing the archive, set the following parameters on the Recording time given tab in the Archive calculation group:
- Archive, days – the required archive depth (in days).
- % Recording – the average percentage of hours a day during which there will be recording to the archive. 100% mean continuous recording.
Disk space data is for information only. The Vendor’s calculator is used for more accurate calculation. The list of known calculators can be found in the Vendor’s calculator dropdown list.
The calculation of RAID parameters for storing video archive is performed by the following parameters on the Calculation taking into account RAID in the Archive calculation group:
- RAID level, one of the following:
- JBOD – simple consolidation of disks, which is not a RAID level.
- 0 – RAID 0, an array of disks with data striping.
- 10 – RAID 10, an array of disks with mirroring and striping.
- 5 – RAID 5, an array of disks with block-level striping and one checksum.
- 6 – RAID 6, an array of disks with block-level striping and two checksums.
- Disk size in GB or TB. RAID is supposed to be built on the disks of given size. The calculation results indicate the required number of disks and other RAID parameters (see Calculation results for Axxon Next and Intellect Server). Calculation of the archive depth with the selected disk size is performed on the Disk space given tab.
Calculation by size
To calculate time period for which the video archive is stored, set the following parameters in the Disk space given of the Archive calculation group:
- Archive size – disk space used for storing the archive.
- Units – units that measure the archive size.
Information on the archive storage period is reference only.