Documentation for Auto Intellect 5.5. Documentation for other versions of Intellect is available too.
Configure the VIT program module as follows:
- Go to the VIT module object settings panel, which is created on the basis of the LPR Channel object.
Set the Zooming checkbox checked to increase the plate recognizing speed on mega-pixel video cameras without loss of recognizing quality (1).
This check box is relevant when the value of the Zone width parameter is more than 150 pixels (see Setting up the LPR channel detector section). The recognizing speed is increasing:
- 2 times if the value of the Zone width parameter is more than 150 pixels;
- 4 times if the value of the Zone width parameter is more than 400 pixels;
- 8 times if the value of the Zone width parameter is more than 800 pixels.
- If there is frame loss during recognition when mega-pixel video cameras are in use, then the frame loss can be compensated by increasing the maximum number of recognition streams. For this change the value of the Number of streams for frame processing field (2):
If the value of the Number of streams for frame processing field is 0,recognition will be performed in the same stream it was started. It is the default value.
If the value of the Number of streams for frame processing field is 1, recognition will be performed in the parallel stream to the process that starts it. This is the recommended value.
If the value of the Number of streams for frame processing field is 2, recognition will be performed in two streams simultaneously to the process that starts it. But in this case 2 licenses are in use.
It is recommended to change the number of streams for frame processing only when 1 recognition stream processes several recognition streams in the parallel mode.
Do not specify the value that is greater than the number of CPU cores.
5. Perform fine tuning of SDK if required (3, see VIT module object settings panel).
Fine tuning of SDK is to be performed only with the help of AxxonSoft specialists!
To find out the current SDK version, in the Windows command line, run the vpwfetch.exe -v command in the following folder:
for x32: <Auto Intellect installation directory>\Modules\VIT.
for x64: <Auto Intellect installation directory>\Modules64\VIT.
6. Click Apply button (4) to save the changes.
The VIT program module is now configured.
It is possible to track the disappearance of the recognized number. If the recognized number disappeared from the camera field of view and was not recognized again within the specified time, the lost number event will be generated. To enable this feature, in the VIT.TimeoutLostNumber parameter, set the time in milliseconds after which the lost number event will be generated (for details, see Registry keys reference guide, for more information about working with the registry, see Working with Windows OS registry).
To ensure the operation of this feature, it is necessary to set the True value for the VodiCTL_VPW_DYNAMIC_ENABLE tweaking parameter (see VIT module object settings panel).
To ensure the proper operation of the VIT program module, it is necessary to grant the read/write access for the current Windows user to the following catalogues and files: