General information on the VIT module licensing
There are two license types for VIT program module:
See The VIT module functionality for more details.
The VIT module licensing in the Auto Intellect software is performed by processed video channels and countries/regions. A region is a set of countries.
There is also a separate license for the VIT module which can be implemented in one of the following ways:
- Hardware security key (Hasp, purchased separately). The key can be remotely updated when it is required (to expand the permanent key or convert demo key to the permanent key).
- Software license key. This key is binded to computer hardware (see below).
- Software demo key (see below).
Slow and Fast licenses can be combined on a server in any way, eg. "Fast-2+Fast-8" or "Slow-2+Fast-6" license can be formed. Software keys pose no restrictions to licenses combination while for hardware key it is required to preliminary change its firmware according to the desired combination.
Software and hardware keys as well as a number of hardware keys can be installed simultaneously, although only 1 of them will be active, i.e. channels and recognized regions do not accumulate. The key with maximum product of number of channels and recognition fps will be selected for work.
How to activate a software demo key for the VIT module
It's possible to use the VIT program module in demo mode. License plates recognition of all available countries on two channels is permitted in demo mode (Fast or Slow). Demo mode is active for 30 days since the first software start.
Demo mode operation in virtual machines or via RDP is not allowed.
Activation of demo-mode is performed as follows:
- Download installation package: Fast; Slow.
- Start the command line under the authority of system administrator.
- Execute SDK24_2hi_DEMO.exe -i -fi -fss command (for the Fast demo license) or SDK24_2lo_DEMO.exe -i -fi -fss (for the Slow demo license).
Demo licensing is activated.
How to activate a software license key for the VIT module
In order to receive software license key for the VIT module, proceed as follows:
- Download the tools by the links below:
- Run the VIT license protection software installation using the command prompt and the following command: "haspdinst_EOAWT.exe -i -fi -fss"
- Wait for the installation completion.
- Click OK in the dialog box to confirm installation is completed.
- Check installation correctness by opening the http://127.0.0.1:1947/_int_/ACC_help_index.html page in the web browser.
Run the RUS_EOAWT.exe file to start the Remote Update System. The RUS dialog box opens.
The RUS abbreviation stands for Remote Update System.
- Set the Collect information from this computer to enable: switch into the Installation of new protection key position in case if license for a "clean computer" is needed, i.e. if there is no demo license on it, or to the Update of existing protection key position, if demo license is already in use (1).
- Click Collect information.
- Save the file with .c2v extension to any folder.
- Close the RUS_EOAWT.exe tool.
- Hand the .c2v file to your AxxonSoft manager.
- Receive the license file with .v2c extension from your AxxonSoft manager.
- Run the RUS_EOAWT.exe tool and go to the Apply License File tab (1).
- Specify location of the license file in the Update File field using the ... button (2).
- Click Apply Update (3).
Receiving the software license key for the VIT module is now completed.