Setting up the Auto-Uragan program module is done in the following way:
- Go to the Hardware tab in the System settings dialog window (1).
- In the objects tree on the Hardware tab select the Auto-Uragan object, corresponding to the set Auto-Uragan program module (2). The settings panel of the selected object will open on the right side of the window.
- In the Sensitivity of vehicle detection (1-255) field enter the sensitivity value which characterizes the motion detector's sensitivity by the contrast of video image (3). While recognizing the Auto-Uragan module defines the vehicle dimensions. The lower value, the more detector sensitivity. The Sensitivity of vehicle detection parameter value is matched by testing the detector on false triggering.
In the Car position in frame, % field enter the value in percent, showing the position of car in displayed frame (4). This adjustment is relevant only for those cars which plates have not been recognized. If the plate has not been recognized, the module gives as a result the frame located at the specified distance from the frame with first car appearance.
The moment of car appearance in the frame like as 0% and the moment of car disappearance in the frame like as 100%.
- Set the Full interval between cars checkbox in case if the recognizer is to be in a waiting state with motion absence in the whole frame (5). This adjustment can improve the quality of long vehicles recognizing in the frame (e.g. trucks).
- Set the Recognize lisence plates only in areas where motion is detected checkbox to increase the recognizing speed on mega-pixels video cameras (6).
Enter the value of minimal validity of recognition in percent in the Minimum validity of LP recognition (60-100%) field (7). Validity is defined by the degree of similarity between results of recognition and the LP template and it allows distinguishing the LP from other marks on the vehicle.
The validity is displayed in the List of parameters of the Active monitor box.
- Set the Obscured LPs checkbox to increase the quality of recognition the vehicles with obscured plates (8).
- Set the Allow checkbox to enable the possibility to recognize the two-line LPs (9).
- Set the maximum width and height of area where the search of LPs is performed (is set in percent of the full frame) (10). Click the button to set these parameters. In the Two-line LPs opened box click the Stop video button when the appropriate frame is appeared and select the area with the required size.
Click OK and the specified area parameters will be automatically entered in the Maximum width and Maximum height fields.
- Set the minimal area width and height where the search of LP is performed (is set in percent of the fulll frame) by analogy with the Maximum width and Maximum height parameters – see item 8 (11).
- The number of lanes defined by the Auto-Uragan program module will be displayed in the Number of lanes in camera field of view non-edited field (12).
The typical minimum size and the typical maximum size of plates recognized by Auto-Uragan program module will be correspondingly displayed in the Typical minimum size and Typical maximum size non-edited fields (13).
Typical minimum size and Typical maximum size fields are not displayed if there are no recognized LPs.
- Click Apply to save the changes (14).
Setting up the Auto-Uragan program module is completed.