Record of video from computer monitor is performed to control operator actions. Video from computer monitor can be transmitted to the Intellect software package by general protocols using external programs, for example:
- By RTSP protocol using the VLC Media Player which is available to download from the http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ web-site.
- By ONVIF protocol using the ScreenOnvif program which can be got in the http://screenonvif.com/en web-site.
Example of the VLC Media Player configuring for transmitting video from computer monitor to the Intellect by the RTSP protocol is presented in this section. Configuring of the Intellect software package to receive and record this video stream is performed by standard means as described in the Configuring rtsp Server module and Selecting the disks for video archive storage sections.
Configuring the VLC Media Player for transmitting video from computer monitor to the Intellect software package by the RTSP protocol is performed the following way:
- Run the VLC Media Player.
- Select the Open Network Stream item... in the Media menu.
- In the opened window go to the Capture Device tab.
- In the Capture mode drop-down list select the Desktop value.
- Set the desired frame rate for the capture in the corresponding field.
- In the Play list select the Stream value. As a result the Stream Output window will open.
- Click the Next button.
- In the opened window select the RTSP value in the New destination drop-down list and click Add button.
- Go to the RTSP tab.
- Specify port and path to the stream if it's required.
- Click Next button.
- Specify parameters of video transcoding and click Next button.
- Click Stream button in the opened window.
After that configure receiving of the RTSP stream and its record to the archive in the Intellect software package – see Configuring multimedia receipt using RTSP protocol and Selecting the disks for video archive storage sections.
Configuring of the VLC Media Player for transmitting video from computer monitor by the RTSP protocol to the Intellect software package is completed.