With different video signal transmission modes, different video monitors are used:
- Video server surveillance Monitor.
- Video surveillance Monitor of the Remote Workstation, connected to the videoserver via TCP/IP net.
- Video monitor of the web-server, displayed in web browsers on Remote Workstations, connected to the videoserver via the web-server module by HTTP protocol.
- Video monitor of the mobile client based on iOS operation system.
Video surveillance monitors on the server and Remote Workstations, connected to the videoserver via TCP/IP local net, are identical. Video surveillance monitors on the videoserver and on Remote Workstations are set up with the System Setting dialog box and is described below.
To set up the video surveillance monitor of the Web-server module, Java-applet settings of its home page are changed (see the chapter Configuring the Web-server module).
The video monitor is used to:
- display video signals;
- play back the archives;
- change the sequence of displaying video signals (surveillance windows layout, selection of video signals to be displayed in the surveillance windows, windows slide show, etc.);
- process the displayed signals (deinterlacing, zooming, image sharpening and changing contrast);
- export and hardcopy selected frames, export video and audio records;
- control detectors, including camera alarm detectors (main motion detectors);
- control video recording;
- control PTZ devices and microphones.