One can work with a virtual Video Capture Device in INTELLECT™ software package. This way assumes that INTELLECT™ operates in a test mode and consists of imitation of video stream feed to virtual Video Capture Device by playing back ready-made video recording. The following video recordings are played back:
- Video recordings of internal INTELLECT™ format;
- AVI-files in formats for which DirectShow filters (codecs) are installed in Windows OS.
If only Windows Media Player 11 (or its older versions) is installed on Windows OS to view video recordings, then it is to be updated to Windows Media Player 12 or DirectShow filters (codecs) of third-party vendors are to be in use.
To create and configure a virtual Video Capture Device, do the following:
- Set the Use virtual grabber checkbox (the Video subsystem section in Tweake.exe utility), having shut down INTELLECT™ beforehand.
- Set the Video Capture Device type.
- Specify the storage for video recording that is to be used for video signal imitation in the Basic settings tab of the selected Camera object.
As a result video recording file from the selected folder will be played back in a loop. In case if there are several files in the folder they will be displayed in the alphabetical order.
The selected folder must not contain video recordings of internal INTELLECT™ format and AVI-files at the same time.