To display camera boxes (windows with video images) one of the following modes is in use:
The Active camera mode. Only active camera box is displayed in the Monitor interface box.
To make camera box active click upon it with the left mouse button. A camera box is switched to the active mode using another Video surveillance monitor. So, when the Active camera display mode is in use, more than one Monitor object is to be created in the system. If only one Monitor object is created and the Active camera display mode is selected for it, then surveillance windows won’t be displayed on the monitor.
- The Alarms cameras mode. The boxes of alarm cameras are displayed in the Monitor interface box.
- The List mode. Camera boxes are displayed in the Monitor box according to the selected layout.
Functions available in the List mode:
- Control panel;
The control panel is displayed in the the Monitor interface box and enables the following operations:
- Select the number of dislayed cameras;
- Set and use the layouts of cameras;
- Control the slideshow.
Current date and time are also displayed on the control panel.
Slideshow is used for successive close-up displaying of camera boxes on the Monitor. Slideshow is performed with the help of the buttons on the toolbar of the Monitor in two ways:
- Manually. Buttons of switching to the previous or next camera box are in use.
- Automatically.Switching to the next camera box is performed automatically in a set period of time.
To set the display mode for camera boxes, do the following:
- Go to the settings panel for the Monitor interface box.
- To activate the Active camera mode, set the Active camera switch in the Basic settings tab (1).
- To activate the Alarm cameras mode, set the Alarm cameras switch in the Basic settings tab (2). As a result the Min. field is available.
In the Max field specify the required maximum number of cameras boxes which are to be displayed on the Monitor (3). If the number of alarm cameras exceeds the maximum one, then displaying of camera boxes, alarms on which have been registered earlier, is stopped.
The Monitor object is set for operation with maximum number of alarm cameras, equal to 5. Boxes of 4 alarm cameras are displayed in the Monitor box. Alarms on these cameras have been registered in the following sequence: Camera 1, Camera 2, Camera 3 and Camera4. When alarm has been registered on three more cameras, seven cameras are alarmed at the same time.This exceeds a maximum acceptable number, so the displaying of Camera 1 and Camera 2 boxes is stopped.
In the Min field specify the required minimum number of cameras images of which are to be displayed on the Monitor even on no-alarm (4). If the number of alarm cameras is less than a minimum one, then boxes of cameras alarm on which ended last of all are displayed on the Monitor.
The Monitor object is set for operation with minimum number of alarm cameras, equal to 3. Boxes of 5 alarm cameras are displayed in the Monitor box. When alarm on 4 cameras is stopped in the consequence: Camera 1, Camera 2, Camera 3 and Camera 4, one camera is in the alarm mode. This is less than a minimum number, so Camera 3 and Camera 4 are also displayed on the Monitor.
On no- alarm if the default value (0) of the Min parameter is set, camera boxes are not displayed in the Monitor box.
- To activate the List mode, set the List switch in the Basic settings tab (5).
If necessary specify the required value (in seconds) of automatic slideshow for camera boxes in the Slideshow field (6).
This setting is relevant only if the toolbar is in use in the List mode.
- To save all the changes click the Apply button (7).
The display mode for camera boxes is now configured.