Face detection tool recognizes «faces» objects in the controlled zone. While detecting the «faces» in the frame the following can be observed:
- A face is dynamically framed on the frame;
- If Face Intellect is installed, then there is possibility to record a frame with a face to the file of .bmp format to the folder «<Face-Intellect>\ Bmp\ person\».
To configure Face detection tool, do the following:
- Go to the Hardware tab in the System settings dialog box (1)
- Select the Face detection object corresponding to the required detection tool, on the Hardware tab in the objects tree (2). The settings panel for the selected object appears on the right of the Hardware tab.
- Specify how many fps from the video stream are processed by the Face detection program module. This parameter is necessary for reducing the load on the Server (3)
- Specify the size of a face in percent relatively to the sizes of camera’s video surveillance window when the face is required to be dynamically framed (4)
- If the color of a dynamic frame is to be changed, then left click the Color field (Figure 8.4‑64, 5). Select the required color in the standard Color dialog box and click OK.
By default the Face detection tool processes a video with the resolution, set for the Camera parent object. To process a video with 320x240 pixels resolution, set the Process video in low resolution checkbox (6)
Enabling this option reduces the load of the Server’s processor, but the probability of face detection also reduces.
The Process video in low resolution setting is not relevant in case, when a high resolution is set for a Camera parent object.
- Estimate the part of detected faces while processing the video with 320x240 pixels resolution. In case, when this value is not high enough, set the Process video in low resolution checkbox unchecked.
- Set the Face capture area’s scaling slider to the position corresponding to the required scaling of a face in the frame for recording (7). The current scale value is displayed in the field above the slider and ranges from 1 (only the face is recorded) to 5 (the whole frame is recorded).
- To pixelate the part of video image in which the face was recognized, do the following:
- To enable the pixelate function set the Pixelate area checkbox (8).
Set the Grain size cursor in position corresponding to the pixilation grain size in pixels (9).
This setting is relevant in case of installed Face-Intellect system. A frame with a face is recorded to the < Face-Intellect>\ Bmp\ person\ folder.
- Click the Apply button (10).
Face detection tool is now configured.