Documentation for Intellect 4.10.4. Documentation for other versions of Intellect is available too.
It is possible to run idb.exe utility with keys. For this click Start -> Run. Type the path to idb.exe utility and the required key after / in the appeared window.
To display keys, supported by the utility, use the command «idb.exe /?».
idb.exe utility supports the run with the following keys:
- «/update» - the key of running the hidden updating of database (uses intellect.dbi file).
- «/sync» - the key of database synchronization with the source of data.
- «/backup» - the key of running the process of creation the backup copy of Intellect database. The backup copy is created to the address «C:\Documents and Settings\USER2\My documents\AxxonSoft\Intellect\Data\intellect.sql.bak». It is used when the idb.exe utility is connected to MS SQL database.
- «/restore» - the key of running the database recover from the previously created backup copy. It is used when the idb.exe utility is connected to MS SQL database.
- «/set_cs key=value» - the key of saving the connection string to the system registry (summary on parameters of connection to database).
- «sql_convert:db_name mssql2000|mssql2005» - the key of running the database conversion process from MS Access to MS SQL format. It is used when the idb.exe utility is connected to MS Access database.
Example. To convert MS Access to MS SQL database using the key, do the following:
- Use the Run command (Start -> Run), specify the key: C:\Program Files\Intellect\idb.exe /sql_convert.
- Click the OK button. As a result the dialog box of the idb.exe utility is displayed.
- Select MS Access database in the Select data source dropdown list
- Click the Convert MS Access to MS SQL database button.
- As a result the box suggesting to select MS SQL server is displayed. Click the OK button to continue.
- As a result the Data Link Properties box is displayed. Un this box you are to:
- select the Server name in the dropdown list;
- specify the user name and password to log in the Server;
- set the Allow saving password checkbox checked;
- click the Test Connection button;
- click the OK button to save the changes.
- As a result the dialog box suggesting to enter the database name is displayed.
- Enter the database name or leave the name suggested by the system. Click the OK button.
- As a result the process of converting MS Access into MS SQL database starts. The progress of the process is displayed in the Protocol table of the idb.exe utility.
- When the database is converted, shut down the idb.exe utility (see section).
MS Access database is now converted to the MS SQL format.