Documentation for Intellect 4.10.4. Documentation for other versions of Intellect is available too.
Videogates are used in large-scale distributed video surveillance systems for video signal routing among the Servers, Remote Admin Workstations and Remote Clients that are in different subnets.
To configure the gateway, do the following:
- Start the INTELLECT™ program on the videogate (see Operator's Guide).
- With remote setup of the videogate (e.g., from the administering Server), register the Computer object, corresponding to the Remote Admin Workstation, and set the parameters of interaction with Servers, Remote Admin Workstations and Remote Clients of the distributed video surveillance system (see section). While local setup of the videogate the relevant Computer object is created automatically in the Hardware tab during the first startup. of distributed architecture
- Enable and configure the Videogate module (see Configuring the Videogate module section).
- Configure the hardware performance tester and the restart service (see Configuring the System restart service section).
- Set up logging of events registered for the Videogate system objects (see ).
- Assign the rights to users in order to work with the Videogate system objects (see section).
- If auto options are to be used, create the macros and time zones, enable and configure the notification services (see System settings (the Programming tab) and Notification services sections).