Documentation for Intellect 4.10.4. Documentation for other versions of Intellect is available too.
When installing Intellect in order to ensure the correct start of the Elasticsearch service, RAM allocated to this service is automatically limited on 32-bit systems.
If more RAM that Elasticsearch provides is required, do the following:
- In the Windows command line go to the Elasticsearch installation directory, to the bin folder (by default, c:\ProgramData\elasticsearch-5.2.2\bin\).
Run the elasticsearch-service.bat batch file with "manager intellect-title-indexer" parameters:
elasticsearch-service.bat manager intellect-title-indexer
- As the result the Elasticsearch 5.2.2 (intellect-title-indexer) Properties window appears.
- Go to the Java tab (1).
- Reduce the value of the Xms (memory pool at the start of Java virtual machine) and Xmx (maximum memory pool for Java virtual machine) parameters (2). For instance, set them to 1 GB as follows:
- In the Initial memory pool field, specify the size (in megabytes) of the memory pool at the start of Java virtual machine (3).
- In the Maximum memory pool field, specify the maximum memory pool size (in megabytes) for Java virtual machine (4).
- Click the Apply button (5).
RAM for the Elasticsearch service is now limited.