Documentation for Intellect 4.10.4. Documentation for other versions of Intellect is available too.
To create the MSSQL database backup copy, use the idb.exe utility. To create the backup copy, do the following:
- Run the idb.exe utility (see Running and shutting-down the utility section).
Select the Basic data MSSQL database in the Select data source: dropdown list.
Select the vertical solution database to create a backup copy of the vertical solution database, for example, for ATM-Intellect/Monitoring the data source is MonitorSSTV.
- Click the Create backup copy (MS SQL) button.
As a result the Save as box appears. Select the address and type-in the name of saving backup copy.
While creating the MS SQL database backup copy, the created backup copy will be saved on the computer where the database server is installed, in case of Intellect software and database server are located on different computers connected through the networks. To save created backup copy on the computer where the Intellect software is installed, do the following:
- Create the folder available through the networks on the computer where the Intellect software is installed. Provide access to the created folder from the computer where the database server is installed.
- Specify the path to the created folder in the Save as window.
- As a result the process of backup copy creation starts. Information on this process is given in the Protocol information table.
The backup copy is created when the Creation of a backup copy is completed! message appears in the Protocol table.
Note.The backup copy (MS SQL) can be created using the macro.
- Click the OK button. The box closes automatically.
The MSSQL database backup copy is created.
By default the database backup copy is created at: C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\My documents\ITV\Intellect\Data\intellect.sql.bak. If one cannot change the folder for storing the database backup copy while the backup copy creation, do the following:
- Call the Run function (Start - > Run). Type-in the regedit in the opened box.
- Click the OK button. As a result the Registry editor box opens.
- Create the string parameter with the BackupFolder name in the «HKLM\SOFTWARE\ITV\INTELLECT» registry thread (see Adding string parameters to the registry section).
- Set the value of the BackupFolder parameter – type-in the address of the folder for storing the database backup copy(e.g. C:\ Documents and Settings\AVP\Desctop\Backup).
If the database copy is to be stored on the network disk, then the UNC path to the network folder (with the recording access) is to be specified on the disk in the \\ServerName\ShareName format. Take into account the fact that all network resources that require additional authentication are to be enabled using the same username as for running the SQL Server service. To find out and/or change the user that runs the SQL Server service, do one of the following:
- Using the SQL Server Configuration Manager utility.
- Run Start – Control panel – Administrative tools – Services, right-click the SQL Server service and select the Properties item in the feature menu. Go to the Log On tab.
- As a result the string parameter of the key with the specified value is created.
- Call the Run function (Start - > Run). Type-in the «C:\Program Files\Intellect\idb.exe /backup» key in the opened box.
- Click the OK button.
As a result the intellect.sq.l.bak database backup copy is created in the folder specified as the value of the BackupFolder parameter («C:\ Documents and Settings\AVP\Desctop\Backup»).