Documentation for Intellect 4.10.4. Documentation for other versions of Intellect is available too.
Preparations for start-up of the Intellect software package consist of installing the hardware and software components of the software package.
The requirements for computers onto which the Intellect software package will be installed are as follows:
- Select the processor in accordance with the computer configuration using the on-line calculator: https://sale.axxonsoft.com/calc/calculator.jsf. Documentation on the calculator is available here.
- RAM – at least 2 Gb.
- HDD space available for Intellect installation – 10 Gb for installation of Intellect software + 20Gb for installation of SQL Server 2014 Express Edition (for Server and RAW).
- HDD space available for storing video footage – as per requirements to the video archive capacity (for Server and RAW).
- Video card:
- Discrete: Nvidia GeForce GT520 1GB RAM or more productive.
- On-board: Intel HD Graphics 530 or more productive.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Small Business Server 2011 SP1, Windows Home Server 2011 SP1, Windows Server 2012, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Storage Server 2012 R2, Windows 10, Windows Server 2016 or Windows Server 2019, Windows 10 IoT Enterprise.
Installation of the Intellect software package includes the following stages:
- connect the video capture cards to the Servers;
- connect the video cameras and microphones to the video capture cards;
- connect pan/tilt/zoom (PTZ) devices to the Servers;
- install the Intellect software package to the Servers, RAW and Clients.
The first stage of the Intellect software package installation involves installing equipment for digitizing video and audio signals on the PC. The Intellect installation kit includes one or several video capture cards (depending on the type of license) intended to digitize video and audio signals. To install the video capture cards, perform the following steps:
- Cut off power to the computer onto which the video capture card will be installed.
- Remove the case cover from the system unit.
- Install the video capture card into a free PCI (PCI Express) slot.
Restore the case cover back onto the system unit.
The video capture card is now installed.
The second stage of installation involves connecting video cameras and microphones to the video capture cards. The connections are made using the provided interface cables with numbered BNC connectors (to connect video cameras) and RCA connectors (to connect microphones). Connect the microphones and video cameras to the video capture card as follows:
- Connect the interface cables to the appropriate connectors on the video capture card.
Connect the video cameras to any of the 16 (8, 4) BNC connectors of the interface cable in the numerical order.
Connect the microphones to any of the RCA connectors of the interface cable with numbers in the range of 1 to 8.
Video cameras and microphones are now connected to the video capture cards.
If necessary, the third stage of installation involves connecting available PTZ devices. PTZ devices are connected to the Server via serial (COM) ports (RS-232 interface). Since PTZ devices typically use an RS-422 or RS-485 interface, they must be connected using special RS-422/485 Þ RS-232 converters.
Before connecting the PTZ devices, refer to the appropriate documentation in order to become familiar with the pinout schemes of the PTZ devices and of the utilized converters.
The fourth and final stage of Intellect installation involves installing the software provided in the installation kit. You must have Windows OS administrator rights to proceed with installation.
You can install the Intellect software package in one of the following configurations:
- Server – the full-featured Intellect software kernel (the intellect.exe software module). The video surveillance system based on INTELLECT™ software uses Servers to receive and process video signals from analog and IP surveillance cameras.
- Remote Administrator Workstation (RAW) – the full-featured Intellect software kernel (the intellect.exe software module). The video surveillance system based on INTELLECT™ software uses Remote Administrator Workstations for remote administering of INTELLECT™ software installed on Servers and other Remote Administrator Workstations of the distributed video surveillance system, as well as the specialized platforms: videogate, remote archive server, remote web server etc.
- Client – the software kernel with limited functionality intended for an operator workstation (the slave.exe software module). Client provides remote video surveillance and audio monitoring, i.e. acts as a Client.
Install the software as follows:
- Power up the PC and load the operating system.
- Insert the Intellect installation CD into the CD-ROM drive.
- Start the Intellect software installation.
- Install the required configuration of Intellect (Server/Client/RAW) by following the setup prompts.
During the installation the software of other producers (required for Intellect and video capture card driver operation) will be installed.
Intellect is now installed.